Right? Right. We love attention to detail. Like at our wedding when people started getting hungry again, long after the cake was cut, and we served mashed potatoes in martini glasses with a rolling cart filled with toppings. That was magical. And I’ll never forget the kids’ birthday party a few years back, when we had had games, bounce house time, cake, and presents, and then Cassidy came out with a cotton candy machine. Right then and there! Details matter. And we love parties a lot.
Recently we fell in love with the new Reynolds KITCHENS® Quick Cut™ Plastic Wrap! I was reading about how 64% of consumers (us) use plastic wrap at least a week. I’d say in my case it’s more like once a day! And yes, the experience is frustrating, or at least it used to be frustrating! I’m well known for my uneven tears, unusable sheets, sharp sheet cutters (ouch), and other headaches. This new plastic wrap eliminates those headaches for good! Look how easy it is:
Tada! It’s pretty awesome. Now let’s talk party hacks. This Reynolds KITCHENS® Quick Cut™ Plastic Wrap is actually going to help you with more than one party hack. Ready? Ready. Here are our five favorite party hacks for spring and summer!
1 – Having ice cream at your party? Of course you are! You can banish ice cream freezer burn by draping a sheet of plastic wrap over ice cream before sealing and storing. There’s nothing worse than freezer burn with party ice cream!
2 – Having flowers at your party? Of course you are! Keep your flowers fresh by wetting a paper towel, wrapping it around the bottom of the stems, and wrapping it completely in plastic wrap to keep them fresh until you can display them.
3 – Cooking for your party? Cover your tablet or phone in plastic wrap to create a “splatter guard” when you’re using online recipes in the kitchen. With plastic wrap around your touchscreen, you’ll still have full functionality!
4 – Are you using bananas for your party? You should! Banana bread, banana pudding, banana ice cream, and banana splits all make wonderful party recipes. To slow down the ripening process for bananas, wrap the stem in plastic wrap, which acts like a greenhouse. Plastic wrap helps contain ethylene gas, which bananas produce naturally when they ripen.
5 – Make one incredible recipe to have everyone talking! These Brown Butter Toffee Chocolate Chunk Cookies are UNREAL.
- 2 sticks (1 cup) sweet cream butter
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup light or dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 2 chocolate covered toffee bars, chopped into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1.5 cups baking chocolate - wafers, discs, etc.
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1. Brown butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat by stirring it often. It will foam and then brown and it will take about 6-7 minutes. It moves fast!
- 2. Pour browned butter into a bowl to cool
- 3. In another bowl, whisk flour, kosher salt and baking soda
- 4. Then add brown sugar and white sugar to the cooling butter
- 5. Use a mixer on medium speed, beat the browned butter and sugars for about a minute
- 6. Then add eggs and vanilla extract and beat for about 30 seconds
- 7. Change mixer speed to low and add dry ingredients until it's combined
- 8. Mix in chocolate covered toffee pieces and chocolate wafers (or disks, etc.) with a wooden or rubber spatula/spoon
- 9. Let dough sit and thicken for at least 30 minutes and up to 3 days
- 10. Scoop out balls of dough with an ice cream scoop and place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet
- 11. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt and bake at 375° for about 10 minutes or until the edges are golden brown
- 12. Cool and make the next batch!
When you’re done, of course, wrap them in Reynolds KITCHENS® Quick Cut™ Plastic Wrap and take them to your party, or if you’re hosting, they’ll save well in the plastic wrap. In fact, this product is truly frustration free with these features:
• Built-in slide cutter ensures a clean cut, every time
• Starter edge™ makes it easy to find the start of the roll
• Each roll is automatically held in place to keep it from jumping out of the package during dispensing
• Long-lasting tight seal keeps food fresh
Tiny victories unlocked! Other party miracles would be getting your kids to bed on time, having all of the food on the table at the right times, and having guests RSVP! Find out more about Reynolds KITCHENS® Quick Cut™ Plastic Wrap with this store locator!